[Mapserver-users] Getting started

Jonathan Rizzo jrizzo at Langan.com
Sat Jul 19 12:30:59 EDT 2003

Hello,

I was wondering if somebody could offer me a little guidance getting
started w/MapServer.  I downloaded & installed the most recent windows
binary.  I followed all of the installation instructions for the Demo,
but the application does not appear to be working properly.

Accessing http://localhost/Scripts/mapserv.exe in a web browser results
in the following error message: "The specified CGI application
misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers
it did return are:" (but it doesn't say anything more!).  This is not
the error message that the documentation says to expect.  I get this
same error message when attempting to load the Demo (I already modified
the files for my system).

Does anybody here know what this message means & how I might be able to
resolve the problem?  This is the second time I've downloaded the binary
- I downloaded a different version a few months ago & had the same
problem, so I gave up.  I am attempting to get this running under
Windows XP Pro & IIS.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Jon