[Mapserver-users] MapServer on XP

Pericles S. Nacionales nacional at cbs.umn.edu
Mon Jul 21 22:09:01 EDT 2003

Ryan,

Do you mean compile as opposed to install?  You can read
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc36/win32_compile-howto.html.  It's a
little dated and it doesn't make sense for version 4 (but it will soon
be updated).  Compiling, while isn't too horrible an experience, takes
quite a bit of time.  If all you really need are MapServer binaries, I
suggest downloading one from
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/win32binaries.html or from
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/.  There should be accompanying
installation instructions in the binary packages.

But before you can use it, make sure you've got a working web server.  I
use Apache on WinXP and it works flawlessly.  IIS should work just as
well although I'm not as familiar with it as I am with Apache.

Good luck!
Perry N.

--
Pericles S. Nacionales <nacional at cbs.umn.edu>