AW: [Mapserver-users] Adding an 8-bit raster layer.

Christina Biakowski CCGIS christina.biakowski at ccgis.de
Tue Jul 22 05:14:59 EDT 2003

Hi Akash,
Mapserver renders images with georeferenced data. In the EXTENT section you
specify the spatial extent of the map in world coordinates.
As gdalinfo shows, your raster image is not georeferenced (have a look at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc36/raster-howto.html -georeference with
world files): as Left/right coordinates just the pixel-values are listed and
no world coordinates.
Have at the spatial reference system/coordinates of your shape cntry02 and
create a worldfile for your raster image.
I hope this helps,
Christina