[Mapserver-users] MS 4 beta2, problems with queryByPoint andPostGIS

Armin Burger armin.burger at libero.it
Tue Jul 22 13:56:14 EDT 2003

Assefa,

thanks for the new version. The function 'queryByPoint' now works fine.
When doing a 'queryByRect' everything is ok if the query selects not too
many records of the Postgis layer, lets say 10 to 20. If it finds more
then the php.exe hangs. It's not possible to kill this php process. The
test constellation was Mapserver on Windows and Postgis 0.7.3 on Linux
with Postgres 7.3.

I will have a closer look with a stripped down query function (no html
output, etc) to test when the problem with 'queryByRect' begins.

Armin

> Hi There,

>  I have placed a new version of php_mapscript_40.dll  (php4.3.2, latest
> mapserver 4.0 ) at http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/tmp/php_mapscript_40.dll
> that should correct the crah for the querybypoint. Can you give it a
try
> and let me know (I will put a full distribution sometimes this week on
> the usual download site).
>  I am not sure though if It solves the second problem you mentionned
> about "some records were not returned properly". Could you give need
> more information on this so It will be easier  to identify the problem.

> Later,

> Armin Burger wrote:

>>Hello,
>>
>>I wonder if anybody else ran into the same problem with the current
>>version 4 beta2 and the PHP/Mapscript method 'queryByPoint'. Applying
>>this method on a map object with active PostGIS layers crashes the
>>php.exe on Windows, and under Linux one just gets a server error. A
>>similar problem happened when using 'queryByRect'. Here PHP not always
>>crashed but some records were not returned properly (or maybe only the
>>last one).
>>
>>I tested the functions with the Win 4 beta 2 executable from 11 July
>>(from DM Solutions) and the beta 2 tar package compiled under Linux.
The