[Mapserver-users] MapServer Win XP and IIS

Alexander,Ryan [Dartmouth] Ryan.Alexander at EC.GC.CA
Tue Jul 22 14:41:38 EDT 2003

------_=_NextPart_001_01C35080.E27BB560

I tested to see if my CGI program is working and it is apparently cause I
receive the correct messages.  They are as follows:

C:\MapServer>mapserv.exe
This script can only be used to decode form results and
should be initiated as a CGI process via a httpd server.

C:\MapServer>mapserv -v
MapServer version 3.6.6 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPORTS=P
ROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT INPUT=TIFF
INPUT=EPPL7
INPUT=JPEG INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Yet I still have trouble with running mapserver on my xp machine using iis.
I downloaded the demo itasca and followed the steps to get that up and
running but it still doesn't work. I changed my paths as needed and there is
still something wrong.

If anyone has any ideas let me know

Thanks
Ryan

------_=_NextPart_001_01C35080.E27BB560

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.5.2654.45">
<TITLE>MapServer Win XP and IIS</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">I tested to see if my CGI program is working =
and it is apparently cause I receive the correct messages.&nbsp; They =
are as follows:</FONT></P>
<BR>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">C:\MapServer&gt;mapserv.exe</FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">This script can only be used to decode form =
results and</FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">should be initiated as a CGI process via a =
httpd server.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">C:\MapServer&gt;mapserv -v</FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">MapServer version 3.6.6 OUTPUT=3DGIF =
OUTPUT=3DPNG OUTPUT=3DJPEG OUTPUT=3DWBMP SUPPORTS=3DP</FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">ROJ SUPPORTS=3DTTF SUPPORTS=3DWMS_SERVER =
SUPPORTS=3DWMS_CLIENT INPUT=3DTIFF INPUT=3DEPPL7</FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">INPUT=3DJPEG INPUT=3DSHAPEFILE</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Yet I still have trouble with running mapserver =
on my xp machine using iis.&nbsp; I downloaded the demo itasca and =
followed the steps to get that up and running but it still doesn't =
work. I changed my paths as needed and there is still something =
wrong.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">If anyone has any ideas let me know</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks</FONT>
<BR><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Ryan</FONT>
</P>