[Mapserver-users] some troubles on proj

Pericles S. Nacionales nacional at cbs.umn.edu
Fri Jul 25 16:28:26 EDT 2003

¡Hola, Chen!

On Fri, 2003-07-25 at 01:39, Chen Fu wrote:
> Hi!
> I play with wms these days, and find some troubles in
> proj.
> First, why proj data must be save on c:\proj\nad? I
> have try use PROJ_LIB to point it to other directory,
> but all get "msProcessProjection(): Projection library
> error. no system list, errno: 2"

The directory C:\Proj\NAD is the default directory in Proj's makefile.
I didn't bother changing it as it makes sense to me.  DM Solutions use
C:\Proj as the PROJ_LIB directory.  Perhaps, next time I'll change mine
to C:\Proj as well.

As for changing the PROJ_LIB directory, did you try adding a "SetEnv"
line in your httpd.conf?  Something like this should work:

SetEnv PROJ_LIB "c:/your/proj/lib"

I think you have to mind your slashes in apache.  Also, I appended mine
right before Section 2 of httpd.conf.

-Perry N.