[Mapserver-users] Using MapServer as a general graphing engine

Armin Burger armin.burger at libero.it
Mon Jul 28 16:34:38 EDT 2003

That should be possible at least with MapScript: creating point objects
from the x/y coordinates and drawing them with the 'draw' method using a
class depending on the z value. A bit more limited something similar
might also be possible with the CGI version and 'feature' layers.

Armin

> I'm thinking more along these lines:

> - I have x,y data where these are two non-geographic values that I want
> graph.  I have z which is the magnitude, count, etc. that I want to
graph.
> - Use a simple coordinate system to map the "location" of the x,y pairs
and
> draw the symbol based on the z value.
> - z may be a value used as a radius for a circle or there may be a z-
and
> z+ which defines the vertical offsets of the extents of a
bar/rectangle.