[Mapserver-users] outputformat

Ryan, Adam ARyan at co.linn.or.us
Wed Jul 16 11:01:33 EDT 2003

------_=_NextPart_001_01C34BAB.258C7A40

Hey Frank,

Thanks for the clarification.

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Warmerdam [mailto:warmerdam at pobox.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 8:26 PM
To: Ryan, Adam
Cc: Mapserver User List
Subject: Re: [Mapserver-users] outputformat

Ryan, Adam wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm a little confused with the new outputformat declaration.
>
> The deprecated interlace, transparent, and imagequality parameters in
> the map object are understandable, but what about these parameters in
> the legend and scalebar objects.  These are deprecated too?
>
> Is there an outputformat parameter for the legend and scalebar?

Adam,

Good question.  It seems that MapServer CGI always uses the main mapfile
IMAGETYPE setting for scalebars and legends as well.  While not currently
possible, I would like to see an IMAGETYPE attribute added to the SCALEBAR
and LEGEND objects so different formats or format options can be used with
them if so desired.

For the time being, while discouraged, the INTERLACE, TRANSPARENT and
IMAGEQUALITY keywords should continue to work on the legend, and scalebar
objects.  Internally it takes the primary selected output format for the
map,
and modifies the option flags if necessary.  But if you depend on this,
expect to run into problems in future versions.

Best regards,

--
---------------------------------------+------------------------------------
warmerdam at pobox.com

------_=_NextPart_001_01C34BAB.258C7A40

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>RE: [Mapserver-users] outputformat</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hey Frank,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Thanks for the clarification.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Adam</FONT>
</P>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>From: Frank Warmerdam [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:warmerdam at pobox.com">mailto:warmerdam at pobox.com</A>]</FON=

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2003 8:26 PM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>To: Ryan, Adam</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Cc: Mapserver User List</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Subject: Re: [Mapserver-users] outputformat</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Ryan, Adam wrote:</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Hi.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; I'm a little confused with the new outputformat =
declaration.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; The deprecated interlace, transparent, and =
imagequality parameters in </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; the map object are understandable, but what =
about these parameters in </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; the legend and scalebar objects.&nbsp; These =
are deprecated too?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Is there an outputformat parameter for the =
legend and scalebar?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Adam,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Good question.&nbsp; It seems that MapServer CGI =
always uses the main mapfile</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>IMAGETYPE setting for scalebars and legends as =
well.&nbsp; While not currently</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>possible, I would like to see an IMAGETYPE attribute =
added to the SCALEBAR</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>and LEGEND objects so different formats or format =
options can be used with</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>them if so desired.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>For the time being, while discouraged, the INTERLACE, =
TRANSPARENT and</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>IMAGEQUALITY keywords should continue to work on the =
legend, and scalebar</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>objects.&nbsp; Internally it takes the primary =
selected output format for the map,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>and modifies the option flags if necessary.&nbsp; =
But if you depend on this,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>expect to run into problems in future =
versions.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Best regards,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>-- </FONT>
<BR><FONT =
SIZE=3D2>---------------------------------------+-----------------------=
---------------</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>I set the clouds in motion - turn up&nbsp;&nbsp; | =
Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at pobox.com</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>light and sound - activate the windows | <A =
HREF=3D"http://pobox.com/~warmerdam" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://pobox.com/~warmerdam</A></FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>and watch the world go round - =
Rush&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; | Geospatial Programmer for Rent</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C34BAB.258C7A40--