[Mapserver-users] Limiting min and max scale when using MapScript

AMC Story s9646183 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Thu Jul 31 05:22:44 EDT 2003

Hi there everyone,

Firstly, I was hoping someone could tell me how to arrive at sensible figures
for minscale and maxscale as specified in the web object?  The exact derivation
of these values has been questioned several times in the archives but I haven't
yet managed to find an answer, maybe this could be added on to the mapfile
reference doc?

Also, I think I remember seeing somewhere that if you are using MapScript as
opposed to the CGI application, you can't specify a minscale and maxscale value
in the mapfile.  I've tried just setting these values in my script:

$current_map->{web}->{maxscale}=some number?;
$current_map->{web}->{minscale}=some number?;

but whatever values I use this doesn't seem to make any difference.

Can someone let me know how I can stop users from zooming in and out too far?

Thanks very much,
Ali