[Mapserver-users] Symbolic link

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Jun 24 13:50:03 EDT 2003

I've not run into that one. We use sym links all over the place and have
had no trouble. Are
you sure the layers are queryable (i.e. there is a template)?

Steve

>>> Stefan Schwarzer <stefan.schwarzer at grid.unep.ch> 06/24/03 09:13AM

Hmm, strange things happening here. We are working on a Linux machine
and
had lately to add another hard disk. As our MMS application was running

nicely with a few selected data sets on the old disk, we now just
created a
new data folder on the new disk, put up a symbolic link directing from
the
old data folder to the new one, and filling that one up with our data
sets.
Now, weird thing: The application is still running smoothly, loading
all
files correctly; but when I try to make a query on the shapefiles, I
get
zero results. It seems as if MMS can't access the shapefiles via the
symbolic link for querying.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stefan