[Mapserver-users] libTIFF on Linux

Marian Grigoras mgrig at mnet-online.de
Mon Mar 3 18:32:41 EST 2003

Hi,
I configured recently a similar configuration.
It looks like the ./configure did not find your LibTIFF library.
You could force this by using --with-tiff[=DIR] or edit directly
your Makefile and put the directory on the TIFF_INC line
(e.g. TIFF_INC= -I/usr/local/lib)
But I would suggest that you use the GDAL library. It has support
for tiff and many other good things, all in one library. Makes it so
much easier to recompile.
Vorsicht! I think you "have to" compile using --with-gdal. MapServer
does not seem to look for it by default.

marian

--
So you're a PhD!... Just don't touch anything!