[Mapserver-users] itemquery on Mapserver 3.6

Thomas Zerweck tzerweck at zebris.com
Mon Mar 10 05:56:12 EST 2003

Hi,
I have a problem with itemquery (using Mapserver 3.6) and just can't find out where the error is. Whenever I execute my query, always the first object of the shapefile, that lays within the extent defined in the map file, is selected and highlighted, but not the one I'm asking for.

In my map-file, the part of the Layerdefinition looks like this:
FILTER ""
CLASS
	Name 'cityareas'
        COLOR 13 34 196
END
TEMPLATE xxx.html

The javascript executed for example on the onClick-event of a button looks like this:
	function startquery()  {
		document.mapserv.target="_self";
		document.mapserv.mode.checked=true;
		document.mapserv.mode.value="itemquery";
		document.mapserv.qlayer.value="cityareas";
		document.mapserv.filteritem.value="NAME";
		document.mapserv.filter.value="Munich";
		document.mapserv.submit();
	}

No matter which value I insert as filtervalue, and how I write it (Munich, 'Munich') - the result is wrong (using itemnquery selects all objects laying within the defined map extent...).

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance.
Thomas

ZEBRIS
Geoinformationssysteme und Consulting