[Mapserver-users] tile indexing?

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Tue Mar 11 03:22:24 EST 2003

On Tuesday 11 March 2003 04:56, pond bear wrote:
> I need to handle a very large tiff file by mapserver. How to make tile
> indexing for it? Do I need to split it into small pieces? And how to split?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Jing

Hi Jing,

please read the raster-howto in the mapserver documentation:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc/raster-howto.html . I think that will help
you further. You might also take a look at the 'utility programs' section of
the GDAL website: http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/gdal_utilities.html .
Some of these utilities can be used in creating your tiled raster.

Regards,
Vincent Schut.