[Mapserver-users] GML to SHP Conversion

John Hagstrand john.hagstrand at interageresearch.com
Tue Mar 11 21:50:26 EST 2003

Hi Frank,
I downloaded your Open_EV package and I am using ogr2ogr.  It works
great.  Thanks a lot.
John

At 11:01 AM 3/8/2003, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>John Hagstrand wrote:
>>Hi,
>>I need to convert OGC GML files to ESRI Shape files and back again.
>>What's the best way to do that?
>
>John,
>
>OGR has limited support for GML reading and writing.  The reading only works
>if OGR is built with Xerces linked in.  The writing always works.  The
>MapServer WFS implementation uses the OGR GML support I believe.
>
>OGR also reads and writes shapefiles of course.
>
>Best regards,
>
>--
>I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at pobox.com
>light and sound - activate the windows | http://pobox.com/~warmerdam
>and watch the world go round - Rush    | Geospatial Programmer for Rent

John Hagstrand
Interage Research, Inc.
847 838 5371
Software Development Consulting for Internet Content Management
We make knowledge accessible, useful, and relevant for everyone.
http://www.interageresearch.com