[Mapserver-users] Re: Extent Limit

pkishor_98 pkishor at geoanalytics.com
Fri Mar 14 16:31:24 EST 2003

--- In mapserver-users at yahoogroups.com, "Shannon Scott" <sscott at g...>
wrote:
> Hello,
> I know I can control the maximum area that the user can display with
the MAXSCALE option.
> Is there a way to stop the user from panning beyond a given extent?

you didn't mention whether you wanted to do this only via cgi (which,
I know very little about) or mapscript (which I know a little bit about).

I haven't done this, but imagine could be done with mapscript.
Essentially you would calc the returned extent and compare it with the
desired extent (hardcoded or in session or determined on the fly), and
reset the view if the map drifted more than desired.

Now that I think about it, I should implement this in my own application.