[Mapserver-users] Map broker?

Krzysztof Chodak k.chodak at autoguard.pl
Mon Mar 17 07:55:04 EST 2003

Has anyone of You any experience with MapServer and large amount of
data. By large amount of data I take approximately 300MB of shapefiles.
I think that MapServer's current architecture is not suitable for this
use (when taking into account couple hits per second).

I got some knowledge of MapInfo MapXtreme - there is a mechanism of map
objects broker which is preinitializing map objects and "renting" them
on request. Don't you think that it would be great to have such
"map-buffering" mechanism? I'm inspecting MapServer's code to find some
clues wether it is hard to do it or not...

Krzysztof Chodak