[Mapserver-users] Re: perl / mapscript

Puneet Kishor pkishor at geoanalytics.com
Mon Mar 17 10:16:27 EST 2003

sure... all that a point click on a map does is send back an x,y pair. This
is a property of the form and image tags in html. Click on an image inside a
form, and the x,y of the click will be sent back.

Once you have the x,y, you can convert them from pixel-space to geog. space,
and bingo, you have a point to now query for.

You don't have to have a map and a point click. If you know the point
already, heck, just send it. Since you know it in geog. space, you don't
even have to transform it. You are good to go.