[Mapserver-users] securing scratch file directory.

Teresa Gaffney tgaffney at co.tillamook.or.us
Mon Mar 17 16:31:51 EST 2003

Hello-

Running mapserver on windows NT since 2000 with IIS. Using the unique user
account called
IUSR_<machinename>.   The appropriate access to all the directories needed
for mapserver to run are set according to the documentation and listserv.

Several times now, we had our system compromised by someone coming into the
server on the ftp anonymous account and writing files (games & mp3's) to the
mapserver scratch files directory.

Have others experienced this and how was it resolved?

Thank you,
Teri