[Mapserver-users] demo package on Windows doesnt work

Ken Waters Ken.Waters at noaa.gov
Tue Mar 18 12:21:29 EST 2003

Peter,

Check all of your links in the demo_init.html and demo.map files
carefully.  There are some Windoze specific gotchas like in some cases
having to change forward slashes to backslashes and also adding the
".exe" to "mapserv".  There's a help file
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc36/demo_readme.html) that explains all
these things.  Be sure to go through that page very carefully as it
covers all the special things that need to be done.

I was able to get it to work fairly easily on an XP box with Apache
running, but as I say, you've got to carefully go through that help file
step-by-step.

Ken