[Mapserver-users] indexing problem

Jensen, Hannah ERDC-CRREL-NH Contractor Hannah.Jensen at erdc.usace.army.mil
Wed Mar 19 13:57:21 EST 2003

Hi, all.  I'm trying to move an application from an NT box to a Solaris box.  Everything works fine, except for one major glitch: the shapefile indexing no longer works.  I have rebuilt the indexes using the shptree N, M and NM byte order options but nothing seems to work.  It takes exactly the same amount of time to draw regardless of whether or not the .qix file is present.  I know I could tile the shapefiles and solve my problem, but I'd rather not since the indexing worked fine on the NT box.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers,
Hannah

Hannah Jensen
(603) 646-4145
Remote Sensing / GIS Center
Cold Regions Research and Engineering Lab (CRREL)
US Army Corps of Engineers
72 Lyme Rd, Hanover, NH 03755-1290