[Mapserver-users] question on linking

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Mar 19 14:29:17 EST 2003

Easiest way to do this would be using URL templates. Assuming you have
the county code as an attribute you'd setup the template for the county
layer like this:

TEMPLATE "http://www.yourserver.com/county_[CNTYCODE].php"

MapServer will do the substitution of the county code in the above URL
and then redirect the user to that URL. Works slick...

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Dan Arnold" <Dan.Arnold at noaa.gov> 03/19/03 01:02PM >>>
Hello all-

Very new to MapServer (like 3 days) and have been searching the doc's,
faq's and have had no luck finding what I'm looking for.

I'm trying to create a map of a state that displays county outlines on
the map and for each county I'd like to be able to link to a different
page.

I don't want to pan, or zoom in/out.. just a simple link to another
page. For example if you click on "county_01" on my map it would send
you to "county_01.php" if you clicked on "county_02" you'd go to
"county_02.php" etc...

I can create the map with the county lines, but I don't know how to
"link" them to a separate page.

Can this be done? And if it can, anyone have any sample code I could
look at?

Any help would be appreciated!

--
Dan Arnold