[Mapserver-users] CIRCLE TYPE ?

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Mar 21 12:23:58 EST 2003

I added the type for some special project work. It was never really
intended to be
used from shapefiles rather from MapScript. I don't think it's seen
heavy use regardless.
There are other ways to do draw circles as well. For example you can
simply use
a single point layer, and then a circle symbol combined with SIZE and
SIZEUNITS
parameters. So to draw a 2 mile radius circle you'd do:

  CLASS
    SYMBOL 'circle'
    SIZE 2
    SIZEUNITS miles
  END

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Stepan Kafka" <stepan.kafka at centrum.cz> 03/21/03 06:55AM >>>
Hi all,
  has someone any experience with layer CIRCLE TYPE? What is it for?
After
documentation it requires 2 point shapes (multishape or 2 point lines?)
as
bounding rectangle for circle. I think it would be more usefull to use
point
layer (as circle centre) and size as radius for it?
Any idea?

Thank you

Stepan Kafka
Help Service Remote Sensing