[Mapserver-users] default extent

Jan Hartmann jhart at frw.uva.nl
Sat Mar 22 06:01:26 EST 2003

I put a request in Bugzilla to let a mapfile's extent default to the
bounding box of all layers combined. This would come in very handy for
peaple starting with a bunch of GIS- and raster-files they are not
acquainted with. Setting a false extent will generally produce a blank
map. When one could leave out extent altogether, something would be
visible in any case (provided STATUS DEFAULT is set of course -:) ),
though probably not at the expected position or scale.

Jan

BTW I saw that some items in Bugzilla were put in a language vaguely
reminiscent of French, e.g:

"J'ai roule mapserver 3.5 (avec la getgeatureinfo) et voici les memory
leaks reportes" (bug 42)

Is this native Canadian?