[Mapserver-users] Sun Solaris 8 Support

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Mar 24 10:44:50 EST 2003

> Benjamin Wragg wrote:
>
> I was doing some MapServer promotion the other day and the guys I was
> talking to asked what the Sun Solaris 8 support was like. I've only
> run it on Linux and Windows but I assumed that it ran fine. Is all the
> same modules supported on Sun Solaris as on Linux?

We've run mapserv and php_mapscript on various Solaris versions for a
few years and on many servers.  Actually our first production
installation of php_mapscript back in 2000 was performed on a Solaris
box... so there are really no problems on that platform.  Except perhaps
for minor compilation issues sometimes depending on how well setup your
compiler and libraries are.

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca