[Mapserver-users] How to handle 6-band tiff file ?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Mar 24 21:56:13 EST 2003

pond bear wrote:
> right now I can display 3-band tiff file. But we have landsat images
> which have 6 bands. How to handle such tiff file?
> Thanks a lot.

Jing aka Pond Bear,

With the development version of mapserver it is possible to select the
band combination you want to see using the BANDS processing option.
For instance, if you included the following line in a GDAL processed raster
layer it would display bands 4,2,1 (band 4 as red, band 2 as green and band
1 as blue).

PROCESSING "BANDS=4,2,1"

In 3.6.x you should be able to use the file, but only the first three
bands will be used as red, green and blue, and of course the conversion
of the three bands to an eight bit output result will be done with a
color reduction table that can produce poor results in gradually changing
values.

Best regards,