[Mapserver-users] Display/hide a RASTER layer when scale is over 1/1000

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Tue Mar 25 03:45:53 EST 2003

Didier,

I'm not a cgi neither a wms layer expert, but I thought I'd just throw in my 2
cents...

- In one of your reply's I see that you use a url like
...LAYERS=layer1,layer2. The mapserver cgi documentation sais:

	LAYERS [name name ...]
	The names of the layers to be turned on. Layer names must be seperated
	by spaces.
Try replacing the colon by a space...

- An often returning problem using scale is using the wrong units in your
mapfile. Are you sure you set them right? (to 'DD' or 'meters')? If they are
wrong, the scale will be miscalculated en of course minscale and maxscale
won't work as expected.

- This might be hard using only cgi (I really don't know) but a simple check
would be to display the calculated scale value somewhere in your html page
Using mapscript you can just print $map->scale (after $map->draw(), otherwise
it has not been calculated yet). If you can do this somehow, you can of
course simply check whether the calculated scale is below or above 500000.

Regards,
Vincent Schut.