[Mapserver-users] PHP mapscript install problems

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Mar 25 11:02:51 EST 2003

Timothy.Mackey at ga.gov.au wrote:

> But when I try "phpinfo()" I get the following error (before the general PHP info comes up normally).
>
> Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Unable to load dynamic library '/public/http/php/extensions/php_mapscript.so' - ld.so.1: php: fatal: relocation error: file /public/http/php/extensions/php_mapscript.so: symbol _ZN21OGRGeometryCollection16getNumGeometriesEv: referenced symbol not found in ..../info.php on line 10

Looks very much like your php_mapscript.so was compiled for one version
of OGR and is finding another version at runtime.

Looking at your configure parameters, perhaps this explains it:

>    --with-gdal=$MAPSERV/gdal-1.1.7.2/bin/gdal-config \
>    --with-ogr=$MAPSERV/gdal-1.1.7/ogr

OGR and GDAL are the same library, but they are being pointed to
different locations.  Try this instead:

  --with-gdal=$MAPSERV/gdal-1.1.7.2/bin/gdal-config  \
  --with-ogr

This way OGR should (in theory) use the same gdal-config as GDAL.\

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca