[Mapserver-users] Re: Query data PHP/Mapscript

pkishor_98 pkishor at geoanalytics.com
Tue Mar 25 16:37:17 EST 2003

--- In mapserver-users at yahoogroups.com, "Jim Burnett" <r000t at a...> wrote:
> Yeah I looked in the dbase methods but they dont work
> with any of the dbf
> files I have. Actually Excel and Access can even read
> them.  Any clues?

I am assuming you meant to write "Actually Excel and Access _can't_
even read..."

Since neither Excel nor Access can read these dbf files, they are
probably not dbf files created by dbase, or compatible with the dbase
format. In all likelihood, these are foxpro files. In which case, your
best bet would be to use the foxpro odbc driver, and access the files
as odbc datasources.