[Mapserver-users] Re: Query data PHP/Mapscript

Puneet Kishor pkishor at geoanalytics.com
Wed Mar 26 09:35:40 EST 2003

Jim,

If you are talking about the dbf files that are produces with shapefiles,
those are indeed standard dbf files. If you are unable to open them then
there is something wrong with those specific files. The fact that you are
able to query them via mapserver proves once again that they are basic dbf
files.

I routinely query dbf files associated with shapefiles via perl's xbase
module, and also via php. No problem at all.

Dunno what to suggest... you said that Excel and Access also failed. I can
only think they are corrupted in someway.

If you have access to Arcview, you could read them in, and save them out
again as a copy... maybe that would fix them.