[Mapserver-users] ArcExplorer 4.0.1 and Mapserver WMS - Wiki page

Stepan Kafka stepan.kafka at centrum.cz
Thu Mar 27 03:11:37 EST 2003

Hi all,

  my experience with Arcexplorer:

- ArcExplorer adds "?" at the end of service name (see its console). So only
thing to enable Mapserver WMS was to mimic map name as described in "WMS
server HowTo", so URL has to be "http://myserver/myservice" without ? or &
in the URL. Have anybody another experience?

- Because it doesn't support transformations, We need only one SRS in the
projection list. Otherwise it fails.

- <Abstract> tag must be present in the Service section

We don't need PHP wrapper for modified XML (version 1.1.1), it may be
adressed directly (yes, it is dirty).

Stepan Kafka
Help Service Remote Sensing
tel: +420-327514118