[Mapserver-users] installation problems mapserver 3.63 using apatche2 with windows2 000

Strobl, Christian Christian.Strobl at gla.bayern.de
Thu Mar 27 03:58:17 EST 2003

help

Hi all,

I know that this is a common error, and have searched the archives for
information relating to the problem that I am having, and am unable to find
any answers. No IIS is installed (but apatche2) and there exists no IUSR
-user at the system.

at the 'MapServer Demo Application Installation Instructions'-page is the
following hint:

Windows users, please read:
When running MapServer on Windows 2000 and IIS 5.0, clicking on the
"Initialize" button the user gets prompted to save and download the mapserv
(or mapserv.exe) file.
This is an IIS permission problem. Make sure that mapserv.exe had read and
execute permission for the IUSR account. Also, using the Internet Services
Manager, navigate to the "Scripts" (or cgi-bin) folder. Right click on the
Scripts folder and select "Properties". Check to make sure that the "Execute
Permissions" on the "Virtual Directory" tab is set to "Scripts and
Executables". If not, change it. Restart the web service. (This requires
administrative privileges to accomplish.)

My problem sounds similar but i am using apatche2 with windows2000
(mapserver 3.63, Windows Binary Download). clicking on the intialize-button
i get the correct link, but if i am clicking in the map window or at another
mapserver function (zoom, pan, query, ...) i get prompted to save and
download the mapserv (or mapserv.exe) file.

greetings from munich
christian