[Mapserver-users] Unable to load GIF reference image.

Daniel Habluetzel danielhabluetzel at gmx.ch
Wed Mar 26 16:28:38 EST 2003

Hello

I'm going through the MapServer 3.5 Tutorial on my iMac running Mac OS
X 10.2.4. I have downloaded "Server Logistics Releases MapServer OSX
3.6.4" from www.serverlogistics.com. I have successfully proceeded to
"Section 3, Example 2 – Zoom Controls" - but here I have a problem with
the reference map:

msDrawReferenceMap(): General error message. Unable to load GIF
reference image.

Everything else works fine. Is this a problem with gd.lib? Can you
please help me in some way? I would gladly supply more details about my
system, if needed.

I enjoy getting to know MapServer, particularly appreciating its
simplicity and its dynamic legend capabilities. If only the reference
map worked ...

Bye
Daniel