[Mapserver-users] Simple way to turn on and off labeling ?

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Fri Mar 28 20:57:10 EST 2003

Hi Marc: Ultimately I think we'll need to expand control for this
somehow. Perhaps a LAYER level LABELSTATUS parameter.

Anyway, I typically seperate labeling from feature rendering into 2
layers. One point/line/polygon and a second annotation layer. Then with
the annotation layer I use the REQUIRES parameter to only allow that
layer to be turned on if the first layer is on. Works nice.

If you must keep the labeling with the feature drawing then mucking with
LABELMAXSCALE is probably the way to go. Setting it to 0 would work I
think.

Steve

>>> "Marc Jacquin" <marc.jacquin at geosys-inc.com> 03/28/03 03:50 AM >>>
Hi,

What should be the best way to turn on or off labelling of a layer? I
tried
to set the labelitem to "" but that generates an error. I was thinking
about
having 'empty' layers that could be turned on and off and use the
labelrequires ... other ideas?

Thanks

Marc