[Mapserver-users] Zoom to Selected Feature

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Mar 28 22:11:57 EST 2003

Patrick,

I do this in my router display application

see http://imaptools.com/demos1/?tab=2

The way I solved this problem is to open the shapefile for the layer
and get its extents in mapscript, then you that info to $map-
>setextent()

My PHP code looks like this:

         $router = ms_newShapefileObj($shapefile, -1);
         $ext = $router->bounds;
         /* increase bounds by 5%, do the math */
         $rminx = 1.025*$ext->minx - 0.025*$ext->maxx;
         $rmaxx = 1.025*$ext->maxx - 0.025*$ext->minx;
         $rminy = 1.025*$ext->miny - 0.025*$ext->maxy;
         $rmaxy = 1.025*$ext->maxy - 0.025*$ext->miny;
         $map->setExtent($rminx, $rminy, $rmaxx, $rmaxy);
         $router->free();

-Steve