AW: [Mapserver-users] execute two querys at the same time

Jan Hartmann jhart at frw.uva.nl
Tue May 6 06:08:01 EDT 2003

That's a nice MapServer application, Nicole! I see now why you need two
different query colors. If you could use PostGIS it wouldn't be too
hard. You can write wonderful routing applications with PostGIS. For
standalone MapServer it looks a bit heavy to me. Can't you do something
with scripted CLASS and COLOR expressions? (map_layer_class_expression /
map_layer_class_color, see the MapServer CGI reference at the bottom:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc36/cgi-reference.html)  You can fill
these variables from the URL or form.

I guess more people on the list are working on transportation problems;
perhaps they have other solutions. The city of Cologne will provide a
free ticket to the Zoo for the best one.

Jan