[Mapserver-users] Mapserver with PHP/Mapscript Problems

h.aue at plan-gis.de h.aue at plan-gis.de
Mon May 12 08:33:50 EDT 2003

Hi,

I'm trying to use the GMAP demo with PHP/Mapscript with the mapserver on a debian linux box. While testing it with a .php-file ("mapserver.php") containing the line dl("php_mapsript.so"); I received the following message:

Warning: MapScript: Unable to initialize module Module compiled with debug=0, thread-safety=0 module API=20020429 PHP compiled with debug=0, thread-safety=0 module API=20010901 These options need to match in /var/www/mapserver.php on line 3

I made sure that the "mapserv"-file and the "php_mapsript.so" are copied to the right directories (I'm pretty sure) after the compilation (before compiling I cleaned with make distclean) and linked the php_mapscript.so to php_mapsript_36.so. Testing the "mapserv"-application with http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv tells me "No query information to decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty." which normally indicates that mapserver is correctly installed, right?

So what could be the problem?

Sincerely,

Hendrik Aue