[Mapserver-users] TIF colors too dark

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Mon May 12 13:18:37 EDT 2003

Not that it applies in this case, however one thing we have seen in the past is an image which is reported to be 8-bit but actually has reserved space for more than 256 colors.
If you look further down on the ImageMagick output you should see the actual pallette and it may provide a clue as to what is happening (if using the gui), if using the command line be sure to specify the 'verbose' option.
HTH
Lowell F.

The following message was sent by "Matt Doggett" <mdoggett at coas.oregonstate.edu> on Mon, 12 May 2003 09:45:03 -0700.