[Mapserver-users] SDE-problem

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Tue May 13 14:11:33 EDT 2003

Yup, find your "services" file (On my Win2K it's in
C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\etc),

And make sure you have a line like:

esri_sde        5151/tcp                        # ArcSDE Server Listening
Port

5151 being the default listening port for SDE.

Cheers,
J.F.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jörn Witte [mailto:jwitte at gmx.at]
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 2:00 PM
To: mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
Subject: [Mapserver-users] SDE-problem

Hi,

I've compiled the Mapserver 3.6.5 on WinXP with MSVC++ 6.0 and
SDE-support successfully.
But if I try to connect the ArcSDE Database, I get the following
error-message:

msSDELayerOpen(): SDE error. SE_connection_create(): Entry for SDE
instance not found in services file. (-102)

The error-message doesn`t exist, if the MapServer and the
ArcSDE-geodatabase are running on the same host.
Does anyone have an idea of what is going wrong?

Thanks,
Jörn Witte