[Mapserver-users] Linux segmentation problem

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue May 13 14:31:40 EDT 2003

It looks as if one too many parameters where being counted. I just fixed
it and it's now in the CVS...

>>> "Steve Lime" <steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us> 05/13/03 01:16PM >>>
My bad. Will be fixed today sometime...

>>> Hatcher Matthew <MJHATCHER at qinetiq.com> 05/13/03 05:54AM >>>
Hi all,

I have compiled and built the latest nightly build of Mapserver 3.7
(or
4.0
as it announces itself) using Red Hat Linux 9.0.

I used the instructions given in the Wiki - for which I'm very
grateful.
Thanks to the authors!

Mapserver and all the associated libraries compile absolutely fine - I
used
the following options:
./configure
--without-tiff
--without-eppl
--without-jpeg
--with-threads
--with-proj
--with-gdal=/usr/local/bin
--with-gd=/usr/local
--with-freetype=/usr/bin
--with-ogr
--with-wmsclient
--with-wms
--with-wfsclient
--with-wfs

./mapserv -v
MapServer version 4.0 (development) OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=OGR
INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Running mapserv through a browser with no parameters works fine
(http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv). This returns the standard html
saying
"no query information to decode".

However, if I pass any parameters at all, be they in mapserver, WMS or
WFS
format, I get an internal server error. The error log says only
"premature
end of script", and if I run mapserv at the command line by passing a
QUERY_STRING here, I get "segmentation fault".

Helpful. Anybody got any suggestions, or ways in which I can debug a
bit to
find out what is causing the problem?

Cheers,
Matt

The Information contained in this E-Mail and any subsequent
correspondence
For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying,
distribution,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such
information
is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Emails and other electronic communication with QinetiQ may be
monitored.
Calls to our Customer Contact Centre may be recorded for quality
control,
regulatory and monitoring purposes.