[Mapserver-users] Mapscript: queryByPoint() bug on projected layers.

Eric Bridger eric at gomoos.org
Wed May 14 09:51:38 EDT 2003

I ran across this problem back in Feb. 2003 but got no answer to my
question, so when it raised it's head again (and I spent 1/2 day
debugging it) I decided I better post the work around.

I noticed that $layer->queryByPoint() on my polygon layer with a
projection different than the overall map projection never returned any
results whenever the layer's TOLERANCE was set to 0 in the mapfile.
Setting TOLERANCE greater than or equal to 1 fixed the problem.
Alternatively, queryByPoint() with a buffer >= 1 also fixed the problem.

I'm using Perl mapscript 3.6 but suspect the problem is in the C code.
(msProjectRect() called in msQueryByPoint() when the layer is projected
on a rect with minx == maxx and miny == maxy ?)

Eric Bridger
www.gomoos.org