[Mapserver-users] Query for Access Database

Hurtubise, Yvette Hurtubise at chilliwack.com
Wed May 14 13:58:38 EDT 2003

I'm trying to create a MapServer Application that will search for technical drawings within an area specified by the user.  How this will work is the user will draw a window in the map and using the x,y coords of that window, the application will search an Access Database that has a table with all the technical drawings names along with the x,y coords.

I figured a good way to do this is to create a Rosa button for the user to create the window:
<!-- Query -->
<PARAM name="TB_BUT_aquery_IMG" value="/chilliwack/images/buttons/infoarea_up.gif">
<PARAM name="TB_BUT_aquery_IMG_PR" value="/chilliwack/images/buttons/infoarea_down.gif">
<PARAM name="TB_BUT_aquery_CURSOR_TYPE" value="CROSSHAIR">
<PARAM name="TB_BUT_aquery_INPUT" value="auto_rect">
<PARAM name="TB_BUT_aquery_NAME" value="cmd">
<PARAM name="TB_BUT_aquery_VALUE" value="full">
 <PARAM name="TB_BUT_aquery_JSACTION" value="getTiffs()">

The problem I'm not sure what to do in the java script. I thought of writing a java applet to do the search only java will not read documents on the computer.
My next thought was using ASP in the JavaScript but I can't seem to be able to get my html file (now changed to .asp) to read the asp without any errors.

I'm not sure if anyone has tried to do anything like this and would have any helpful hints. Or if anyone was a better idea of how to approach this that I have not seen.
Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Yvette
(I'm using IIS, MapServer 3.6.3, Rosa 1.2.0)