[Mapserver-users] draw pie charts

Thorsten Fischer thfischer at mapmedia.de
Fri May 23 09:44:58 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-05-23 at 10:56, Nuno Cabrita wrote:
> Hi, everyone, I want to draw a map with pie charts at certain points,
> but I can't find a way to do that.
> Does anyone know a way to do it?

I was thinking about that some time ago too. MapServer does not provide
a way to do this. One thing I came up with was a mapscript application
that would use a graphics library to create the charts (there are
several ones for php, have a look at freshmeat.net) as .png images, then
use mapscript to change the symbol definitions for layers on the fly,
using the newly generated images.

I do not expect this solution to be very fast though, tbh.

hth,

thorsten