[Mapserver-users] legendObj outlinecolor property does not exist?

Gerald Buckmaster gbuckmaster at cox.net
Mon May 26 18:22:14 EDT 2003

Greetings,

In the process of learning how to code PHP/Mapscript applications, I ran
across a possible removal of a property from the legendObj class.  My Linux
system consists of 2.4.21-0.13mdk, PHP Version 4.3.2RC3, and MapServer
version 4.0 (development) OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ
SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG
INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE.

When the code (offending portion remarked out) below is executed, nothing is
displayed and I get the following error in my Apache error_log: PHP Fatal
error:  Property 'outlinecolor' does not exist in legend object.

	$my_legend = $map->legend;
	$my_legend->set(height, 80);
	$my_legend->set(width, 160);
	#$my_legend->set(outlinecolor, 1);
	$my_legend->set(status, MS_EMBED);
	$my_legend->set(position, MS_UL);
	$my_legend->set(postlabelcache, MS_TRUE);
	$map->drawLegend();

BTW, when the offending line (concerning outlinecolor) is remarked out, the
applications works perfectly.

According to DM Solutions documentation on Mapscript 3.6, located at:
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/webtools/php_mapscript/php_mapscript_docs36.html

The property does exist as shown below:

legendObj Class
 -----------

 Constructor:

   Instances of legendObj are always are always embedded inside the mapObj.

 Members:

   int height;
   int width;
   int keysizex;
   int keysizey;
   int keyspacingx;
   int keyspacingy;
   int outlinecolor; //Color of outline of box, -1 for no outline
   int status; //MS_ON, MS_OFF, MS_EMBED
   int position; //for embeded legends, MS_UL, MS_UC, ...
   int transparent;
   int interlace;
   int postlabelcache; //MS_TRUE, MS_FALSE
   labelObj label;
   colorObj imagecolor;
   string   template

Did this property get dropped in the recent development, or did I miss
something in the build of of Mapserver 4.0 dev?  More importantly, can I
duplicate the functionality of the outlinecolor property of legendObj with
other code?

Thanks,

Gerald