[Mapserver-users] Show Big-5 with new version of GD

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Oct 1 16:35:21 EDT 2003

I will look into it. How hard it is to add really depends how the GD
stuff works. I could simply boil down to a configure check, or it could
be much more complex. Please file this as a feature request in Bugzilla
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/bugs)...

Steve

>>> "phli" <phli at ev076.ev.nctu.edu.tw> 9/29/2003 8:03:24 AM >>>
Dear all,

The new version of GD has included the capability in
showing "Shift_JIS" (japanese) and "Big-5" (traditional chinese) fonts
with the new function gdImageStringFTEx, instead of gdImageStringFT.

It would be great if the next release of mapserver can include this
capability.
Or a patch for adding this capability will be greatly appreciated.
(If anyone can provide such a patch, we are willing to pay for it, if
  the price is affordable.)

Sincerely,
   Pei-Hwao Li
| Pei-Hwao Li, PhD Student         Email: phli at ev076.ev.nctu.edu.tw