[Mapserver-users] user-defined URL-Variables in MapFile

Frieso ter Haseborg ter-haseborg at sf-datentechnik.de
Thu Oct 2 02:48:04 EDT 2003

Hi,

okay embarrassing - the correct answer is: "RTFM"! ;-)

>From the "MapFile Reference - MapServer 4.0":
[...]
New in MapServer 4.0, variables can be substituted within mapfile
parameter values. At this time, cookie and CGI parameter values are
supported. This allows mapserver mapfiles to be aware of a user's
cookies (Good for implementing security), or non-mapserver request
parameters (Good for integrating with other systems).

Syntax: '%' + variable name + '%'
[...]

Works great!

Sorry for the annoyance,