[Mapserver-users] RE: Oracle 8.1.7 & MapServer HowTo XP/2000

Menno Schepel mschepel at gis.nl
Thu Oct 2 16:23:35 EDT 2003

Hi Flavio,

Thanks for the response. I did not have so much trouble getting Oracle
9i installed (I think). The main features are running, so I think I can
skip the first part of your mail.

The part about MapServer. I guess this was before MapServer published a
precompiled Win32 executable on their website (v4.0 with Oracle
support), or does the situation that you describe still exists?

I will look into the thing about the SQLNET_AUTHENTICATION. Although I
am not sure if this still exists in Oracle 9i.

The structure that you describe for the mapfile I implemented already,
with the only difference that the geometry column that you describe
(geom etc.) seems to have changed.
Also I am not sure yet what to do with the srid number. It seems that
most of the "peculiarities" that you describe about Oracle Spatial have
changed with the new version.

I will post results if I have found something.

Thanks for now,

Menno.