[Mapserver-users] Building GDAL with Xerces on Redhat 9

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Oct 2 17:47:56 EDT 2003

Yeah, I've run into this as well.

This is a dependency of GDAL though, not mapserver.  The MapServer UNIX
compile HOW-TO does list minimum library version requirements for the
libraries it cares about directly.  I'm not going to start going down
further than that into the dependcy tree however!

J.F.

-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Cates [mailto:doug at moximedia.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2003 3:55 PM
To: mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
Subject: [Mapserver-users] Building GDAL with Xerces on Redhat 9

Hi,

I'm trying to build a development version of MapServer 4.1 with WFS
SERVER support so I can test using complex filters. I'd use a Windows
binary if one was available, but since it isn't, I'm trying to put it on
a RH9 box here, the only Linux box that I have available.

I can't seem to get GDAL to build with Xerces-C. I noticed a thread
earlier this year about this that seemed to indicate that GDAL 1.1.8
must be used with Xerces-C 1.6.0. Is that the only valid combination
allowed, or has GDAL been updated to support newer versions of Xerces?

An idea: The installation docs should have a version matrix, specifying
the exact versions of all the supporting libraries that should be used
when building a specific version of MapServer.

Does anyone have any tips on installing this? Would anytone be willing
to look at my installation logs to see if anything jumps out at them?

Regards,
Doug
--
Doug Cates