[Mapserver-users] PHP and shp files

Swapna Guddanti sgudda1 at uic.edu
Fri Oct 3 15:27:59 EDT 2003

hi,
I'm developing a PHP client where I need to use some maps which are available
as SHP files. I was wondering if there is any way in which I can include these
clickable maps in my PHP client so that , on clicking the image I can get the
features of the position clicked on the map.I've tried using tools like
ArcExplorer which produce clickable images but I can only save the images
formed as bitmap images which are not clickable and do not have any embedded
information. I was wondering if map server would meet my needs. Any help would
be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
regards,
swapna

Swapna Guddanti