[Mapserver-users] PHP and shp files

Geoffrey Rowland geoffrey.rowland at noaa.gov
Sat Oct 4 17:57:27 EDT 2003

If I understand you correctly, yes this is possible.  You can set the
image produced as an input type, that way when you click on it, it will
produce pixel x and y coords.  Then you can write a function (check out
the gmap demo for one that is already written) that converts the pixel
position into georeferenced position.  You can then retrieve the
information you need from the shape file.  Does that help?