[Mapserver-users] raster layers in PDF output don't get cropped

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Oct 6 09:40:40 EDT 2003

I havn't really seen this with the test files that I am using with
Mapserver 4.1-dev gd-2.0.15 and pdflib-4.0.3 (on a Windows platform). Is
it possible to isolate this to one or so raster layer and send me
directly the map file and the data so I do additional tests ?

Later

Rusty Holleman wrote:

> Curious if anyone else has seen this sort of behavior.  I'm
> running mapserver 4.0, gd 2.0.12, PDFlib Lite 5.0.1.
>
> I have a map that composites several images, then draws roads
> on top.  It works great when I render to PNG, but if I render
> to PDF the raster data spills all over the page.  Watching
> acroread display the file, as it displays each raster layer
> the image is intact but all of the page outside the image
> bounding box gets colored with some color from the image,
> overwriting previous raster layers.
>
> If I add the formatoption OUTPUT_TYPE=RASTER, then I get mostly
> what I want except that places that are transparent (i.e. it
> falls on an offsite pixel for all of the raster layers) end
> up red rather than white.  This can be circumvented by placing
> a small all-white image at the lowest layer, with no offsite
> value.  Of course, setting OUTPUT_TYPE=RASTER defeats much of
> the purpose of rendering to PDF anyway, so this is not really
> a solution.
>
> Any ideas?  Any other details I should post?
>
> thanks,
> rusty

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst